Author:Emily| Filed under:Events,Photos - Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V
1. Datin Caroline Wong, Ambassador for International IPOH Fashion Week (IIFW), signs on the board
The launch of BAISI (International) Fashion Group in Ipoh yesterday morning marked the Chinese fashion conglomerate’s debut in the fashion market in Malaysia.
2. husband and wife team: founder & CEO of IIFW Mr. Louis Sebastian and IIFW co-founder, Ms. Adeline Khan, arrive
3. Ms. Adeline Khan (L) poses with Ms. Janice Khor (BAISI Finance & HR Manager)
BAISI, a Chinese word meaning “a hundred (ｏｒ many) silk”, is a renowned brand in China, headquartered in Guangzhou.
4. BAISI Southeast Asia CEO Mr. Christopher Chong (L) and BAISI Singapore Mr. James Yee (R)
5. VIPS in the front rowEstablished in 1998, BAISI International CEO & founder, Mr. Ben Zhou believed that after 20 years,
the time is ripe to venture beyond China, hence BAISI was subsequently launched in Australia last year,
followed by Malaysia this year. Malaysia is BAISI’s first Southeast Asian market.
6. BAISI International CEO & founder, Mr. Ben Zhou
7. BAISI Southeast Asia CEO Mr. Christopher Chong
Ipoh is BAISI’s choice for its first-foot in Malaysia, as the Bougainvillea City is well-known for its beautiful women, who inspired Mr. Zhou to match them with BAISI fashion.
8. signing the plaque
9. ribbon-cutting ceremony
According to Mr. Zhou, there are many similarities between Chinese and Malaysian women,
be it physical build, taste ｏｒ style. Therefore, introducing the BAISI brand to Malaysia is expected to be a smooth ride.
10. lion dance performance
11. auspicious double lions
Under the BAISI brand are four labels: BAISI, New Season, BC VOGA and BC VOGA MAN.
The first three specialise in women’s wear, while BC VOGA MAN obviously caters to fashionable men.
12. blessings from the lion
13. a group photo of BAISI management and invited guests
With over 500 speciality stores and approximately 2,000 employees, BAISI is a full-fledged clothing company
that handles concept, development, production and sales, with a senior designing team based in Paris, France.
14. waving the flags of Malaysia and BAISI International
15. BC VOGA: Ready for Luxury
The coffee culture and red wine lifestyle of Guangzhou are major influences for BAISI.
During the launch event yesterday, some 20 dresses from two labels were showcased by six ravishing models.
16. BC VOGA: Ready for Luxury
17. BC VOGA: Ready for Luxury
The catwalk show began with BC VOGA label, inspired by the red wine lifestyle of Guangzhou.
It was followed by BAISI, a creation based on the coffee culture of the Chinese port city.
18. BC VOGA: Ready for Luxury
19. BC VOGA: Ready for Luxury
Stamping its mark in Malaysia this second half of 2018, BAISI has further expansion plans in its pipeline,
which includes Europe and North America in 2019, in line with its goal to be an international apparel brand by Year 2020.
20. BC VOGA: Ready for Luxury
As the forefront of fashion, BAISI’s mission is to make its labels the default everyday wear for men and women; whether casual, professional ｏｒ luxury.
Sharing with you are photos of the launch event, and catwalk showcase for both BC VOGA and BAISI.
25. grand finale
Congratulations to BAISI (International) Fashion Group on its arrival in Malaysia, and for making Ipoh the headquarters.
26. Mr. Ben Zhou & Mr. Christopher Chong pose with the six models
27. group photo with Chinese vip
Event: BAISI (International) Fashion Group Official Launch in Malaysia
Venue: 5, Lorong Taman Ipoh 2, Taman Ipoh Selatan, Ipoh, Perak.
Date: 4th July, 2018
For more information about BAISI, log on to its official Facebook Page: BAISI Fashion ｏｒ BCVoga